DHM Survey Results
COVID-19 hasn’t slowed down the Oregon Legislature. Zoom hearings and all, legislators a deep into policy debates. For our March 2021 survey, DHM Research checked in with Oregonians about some of the issues that the Legislature is considering. We also asked how Oregonians are feeling about the overall direction of the state, their impressions of key leaders, and COVID-19, including vaccination distribution and school re-openings.
Here are just a few of the results:
- 40% of Oregonians feel that the state is headed in the right direction, while 45% say it is off on the wrong track.
- Negative impressions of Governor Kate Brown are at an all-time high. 56% of Oregonians view her negatively, while just 35% have a positive impression.
- Oregonians feel more positively about President Joe Biden. 53% of Oregonians have a positive impression of him.
- More than 6 in 10 Oregonians support Governor Brown’s order for schools to provide in-person instruction.
- Fewer than half (48%) are satisfied with vaccine distribution.
Check out the full results to see more analysis about these findings, and their opinions about legislative issues including ending mandatory minimum sentences, prisoner voting, increasing the state minimum wage, requiring 100% clean electricity, diesel fuel phase out, and alcohol taxes.