DHM Survey Results
September 10, 2021
More and more, governments and businesses are requiring COVID-19 vaccination. In Oregon Governor Brown has mandated vaccines for healthcare workers and educators. This week President Biden announced vaccine mandates for all federal workers and businesses with 100 or more employees. For our September 2021 survey, DHM Research checked in with Oregonians about their support or opposition to vaccine requirements for teachers, healthcare workers, public safety officers, and more.
This is the 20th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. We asked Oregonians if they believe the US government response to the attacks has made the country more or less safe. We also checked in about their opinions about removing American troops from Afghanistan.
Here are just a few of the results:
- 74% believe that COVID-19 vaccination is important to stopping the spread of infection in their communities
- About 2 in 3 support the state requiring COVID-19 vaccination for:
- Healthcare providers: 70%
- Public school teachers: 68%
- Police officers and firefighters: 67%
- Service employees: 65%
- Just 28% think that the US government response to the September 11th attacks made the country safer
- 58% approve of the US removing its troops from Afghanistan
This is the first data release from the survey. We will soon share results about whether Oregonians think the state is headed in the right direction or is on the wrong track, their impressions of Governor Brown and President Biden, and which political party they trust more on several policy issues.